A career in Gaming opens the door to many job opportunities.
As a qualified OLCA croupier, you will be able to work anywhere in the world with any land-based casino or live studio casino. If you are looking for a new career move, this glamorous and exciting world could be for you.
All you need to become a professional Croupier and Live Dealer is just a clear head, agile hands and an enthusiastic personality to provide players with a pleasant and exciting gaming experience.
Each training course is 7 weeks in duration and runs from Monday to Friday. In these 7 weeks you will learn American Roulette, Blackjack and 5 card Stud Poker. The Online Live Casino will teach you everything you need to know to qualify as a croupier and live dealer. The course will give you the experience and knowledge you need to work in a land-based casino and a live studio casino.
The course is also available on a part-time basis and it takes 10 months to complete.
Applications are now open and students can apply at Registrar’s office at ITS in St Julian’s between Monday and Friday 08:00 till 17:00. Application form may be found here.
Accreditation and MQF/EQF Level
The Croupier/Dealer Casino and Studio Level Award accredited by the Institute of Tourism Studies and the National Commission for Further and Higher Education at level 4 of the Malta and European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning will be presented to delegates who successfully attend all modules and obtain a minimum pass in practical one to one assessments and a written examination.
Once you acquire the Croupier/Dealer Casino and Studio Level Award, you will be a prospective candidate to work with a land based casino, studio casino or an online casino. Qualified candidates are now working within the gaming industry and obtain many opportunities to advance in their career and achieve a senior management position.
The entry requirement for this course is a school leaving certificate or any working experience.
The Croupier/Dealer Casino and Studio Level Award contains 3 modules:
Module 1 – Croupier/Dealer Casino level ECTS Credits: 14
Land-based croupier training involves American Roulette, Blackjack and 5-Card Stud Poker. You will learn how to control and run games in a real casino environment.
You will learn how to control the proper pace of the game, how to collect and pay bets for customers, how to open and close tables at the end of a game and how to inspect cards, systems and other equipment to be used in games to make sure that they are in proper working condition.
You will also learn how to be adaptable and prepared for particular situations, should they arise.
At the end of the module the learner will be able to:
- Operate and control the proper pace of the following casino games: american roulette, blackjack and 5 card stud poker;
- Observe, collect and pay bets for casino customers;
- Maintain high casino standards;
- Identify roulette, blackjack and 5 card stud poker payouts;
- Identify that the games are running smoothly and professionally;
- Define the rules and procedures of the following casino games: american roulette, blackjack and 5 card stud poker;
- The learner is able to use mental arithmetic and quick reckoning summations whilst dealing roulette, blackjack and 5 card stud poker;
- Perform general duties of a casino croupier.
Module 2 – Croupier/Dealer Studio level ECTS Credits: 2
Work in front of the camera as a live dealer requires special training in body language and facial expressions that communicate well on the video screen to ensure that playing customers enjoy their gaming experience with you.
You will be taught the rules of the game and its procedures, announce winning numbers and the value of cards.
You will be trained in company procedures and how to communicate information to all customers and fellow employees in a formal manner.
- At the end of the module the learner will be able to:
- Host and present live casino games;
- Utilize the body language and facial expressions that communicate well on the video screen to ensure that playing customers enjoy their gaming experience;
- Assist clients and respond to their queries;
- Engage and entertain players on live roulette and live blackjack;
- Regularly produce accurate, thorough, professional game presentations;
- Understand the studio dealer procedures to work in a live studio casino;
- Obtain a very good understanding of game presentation skills when working in a live studio casino;
- Perform general duties of a studio croupier.
Module 3 – Customer Care and Responsible Gaming ECTS Credits: 1
Consists of communication skills and social behaviors whilst interacting with players. You will learn how to communicate with players in a friendly and gentle manner and a leading courtesy in order to present the client with the highest level of customer service.
Responsible Gaming will consist of how to identify problem gaming. You will learn what the consequences might be in case of a players’ misuse and how to prevent addiction gaming. To direct players who are developing a gaming dependency and receive the knowledge of the risks that might occur.
- At the end of the module the learner will be able to:
- Be responsible for analyzing and evaluating the importance of communication;
- Understand and utilize formal communication;
- Provide detailed information to the inspector and pitboss;
- Have a positive attitude that communicates respect, patience, interest & confidence to the customers;
- Identify the consequences of addiction gaming;
- Understand the fundamental importance of responsible gaming;
- Understand the signs and symptoms of problem gaming;
- Understand and utilize communication skills and social behavior skills whilst interacting with players;
- Create a proactive culture within the whole organisation with respect to responsible gaming and duty of care.
Price of the course
Total price: € 1829
The price includes:
- 280 hours of Casino Training
- Croupier/Dealer Casino and Studio Level Award
- Croupier/Dealer Casino and Studio Level Notes
- Examination fee
- Networking Coffee Breaks
Easy Payment Scheme
You can opt to settle the total fee in installments.
The payment for the full-time Croupier/Dealer Casino and Studio Level course can be divided into 3 installments:
- Booking fee of € 629;
- 2nd installment of € 600 to be issued on the 4th week;
- 3rd installment of € 600 to be issued on the 7th week.
The payment for the part-time Croupier/Dealer Casino and Studio Level course can be divided into 5 installments:
- Booking fee: € 629;
- 2nd installment of € 300 to be issued on the 2nd month;
- 3rd installment of € 300 to be issued on the 4th month;
- 4th installment of € 300 to be issued on the 6th month;
- 5th installment of € 300 to be issued on the 8th month.
Applications are now open and students can apply at Registrar’s office at ITS in St Julian’s between Monday and Friday 08:00 till 17:00. Applicants may also apply online here.
Applications are open until the 12th of July and the course shall commence on the 17th of July.